Assignment 1 Why I Chose what I did

Let's discuss the reason I choose to use the wood them background first and foremost.  It was a simple decision for me to choose this over all the other different options.  I have a strong connection with wood since my early childhood till now.  I grew up watching and helping my father always doing something with wood, he gathered so much peace when he would be out in the shop working on anything with wood or building different things out of wood.  To this day, I remember one of the first things we made together and it was a desk for my room to put my computer on and play my games.  

The desk was fitted and mounted into my room to perfection using one corner of my room along the wall to the door to my room.  We were in the room with the stud finder and we made sure we located every stud in the wall so we knew exactly where the weight-bearing support would be located.  the desk was just the perfect height for me to sit in my chair and reach every bit of the desk without barely having to roll anywhere.  It was like the desk you imagine being at the space station control room to me.  it was perfect in every way to me and I can still imagine it.

The next thing I decide on was color which I promise is easier than deciding on what I want to eat for lunch or dinner.  I assure you choosing food for me is very simple but like I said choosing green text is simple because it has been my favorite color since I was a kid.  That desk I was just explaining was Olive Drab Green, it was spraypaint from my dad had from work in the military and I remember to spray painting the desk brown and olive drab and black making the entire thing a camouflage pattern.

Another thing that helps with the choosing of these things is me and mini-me (my son) have a thing for texture and touching things of different textures.  We are very textile when it comes to things fabrics and items.  When we touch certain fabrics and surfaces it can be very calming and soothing to our state of mind.  Woodwork to me is very relaxing and is a great escape from stressors, along with painting. 


When it comes to social media outlets, I am not on all of the current ones, and I'm sure there are even ones I don't know about.  I stick to the basic ones for myself but I am taking this course to learn and branch out into other platforms to prepare myself for one day owning my own batting cage facility. I am on Instagram, Snap chat, Facebook messenger, and Tiktok.  I was on Facebook for quite a few years and just recently got rid of it for a bit to see how life goes without it.  I believe each and every platform out there has its advantages and disadvantages.  For personal use, the big ones are Tiktok, Snapchat, Instagram, and Facebook.  That doesn't mean that they can not be good for business either, the platforms are multi-use nowadays.  I sure there are things inside each that I may even miss but can be used for both personal and business use.  

Let's start with the little I know about Snapchat and Tiktok, both these platforms are really video and picture documentation of things people do and enjoy in their personal time.  Both post great videos for laughs and hacks into different lifestyles. Facebook and Instagram are very busy places and have so many ideas and information going on nonstop.  These platforms are used by people for so many things and some are good some are evil and you just have to learn to stay clear of the vibes you do not desire. This is part of the reason I choose to leave Facebook for a bit and see what happens in life without it.

The business usage of Facebook and Instagram is very obvious to me as lots of the business I venture or go to have social media pages on these two platforms at least some maybe even have a tweeter account.  I know that businesses using social media to reach customers and put out there brands are enjoying this social media age of kids and adults because it is a new way to reach millions of people.  The prime example I go to mother earth brewing company every once in a while and I have liked their page and followed it and even friends from out of state have followed it after coming out here and going once and then they get other friends of ours to like it and they want to go every time one of them is in town.   

Comments

  1. I really like the wood backround as well, I think that the green color was a great idea, the light green can be hard to see from different angles however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you chose the wood background, especially since it means so much to you. Having that extra personal touch makes it so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chase! I totally loved the personal family stories you shared! It made your post really engaging and I enjoy the personal touch you shared. I think we picked the same color green (my favorite color too!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I enjoy this layout as well. I totally get the feel for texture you and your mini-you share. The layout and design you have chosen and modified for this blog almost give a textural feel visually. I really like how this is turning out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chase!

    I love that you chose this background, it seems to have a special meaning for you and I think that's great. I love how a photo or a background like yours can bring back wonderful memories and nostalgia.

    It seems that you have customized the background for the font as well and I think that is a great addition! It gives it more than just a black and white page and shows your creative side and wanting to give your blog something extra.

    I totally agree about textiles, when I was in fashion school I had a textile class where I had to work with so many different fabrics and I agree that they can be super soothing and calm!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 part B: Business research

Week 12 | online marketing tools